Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Adobe Premier

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Can anyone help?

    I have recently aquired a Matrox Raibow Runner card (You can stop laughing now...).
    My system is as follows:


    AMD 586 3-333.
    224 Mb RAM.
    30 GIG HD.
    Matrox Rainbow Runner video capture card.

    I need some editing software that is not gonna take bloody ages to compile a film, then crash half way.

    1) Does anybody know if Adobe Premier will work with the Matrox R.R Card?

    2) Anybody know where I can get a hold of the aforementioned software? (E.G. Anybody out there have a copy they would be willing to copy or lend me?)

    3) Is my comp. gonna be good enough to run the software?

    E-mail me if you have any offers / questions.

    Thanks!


    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jim Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    108
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    You could look for an answer here. http://www.computervideo.net/cv20.html

    Jim.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member marti-c's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2000
    Posts
    298
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi rich

    If you mail me a blank Cd then i will get premiere 6 on it for you. (i have just run out of blank discs and cant be bothered buying a box of 100 just now)
    Email me and we can swap addresses.

    marti

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Marti,

    I have a similar problem, I also have a Matrox 400TV video card with the capture card built into the video card. I'm not sure that Premiere would be able to capture with my card but would like to try something other than the crap software that came with this card. I could send you a self addressed stamped envelope and a blank CD if you could make me a copy.

    Thanks,
    Scott
    [email protected]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kathy S's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29th, 2001
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just used a matrox rainbow runner to edit my short- wasn't ideal but it did the job. I think we used their software to capture and premiere to edit- but I'll check with my editor. for your first few shorts it should be okay- after that you shoul think about updating-

    Kathy

    No point in having really good editing stuff if your camera is shitty and vice versa?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Kathy.

    The reason I'm using the Rainbow Runner is basically because it didn't cost me one penny...

    My friend / flat mate "borrowed" it, and installed it in our PC.

    I agree that there isn't much point using crap cam, good edit suite, vice versa, but the thing I want to edit is a stupid gun fight I filmed on my camcorder...

    The short film I did on DV will be edited on a proper DV Editing machine at the local TV station.


    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    [email protected]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •